December 10, 1892 - July 9, 1966
Did you know?
The "Miracle on the Pacocha" was through the intercession of
Blessed Marija Petkovic !
“I saw a light and I experienced an ineffable power that allowed me to shut the hatch.”
- Marija Petkovic was a Croatian nun
- Foundress of the Congregation of the Daughters of Mercy
- On August 26, 1988, a Peruvian submarine "the Pacocha" collided with a Japanese fishing boat
- As the crew started escaping via a hatch the leg of a sailor became caught as the hatch closed due to sinking sub's 40 degree angle
- Now under water with pressure mounting and water rushing in another crew member began think and pray to Sister Marija Petkovic and suddenly saw a brilliant light
- He states that at that moment a supernatural force helped him to lift the hatch open to free the sailor whose leg was caught
- This act allowed him to close and seal the hatch saving the lives 22 crewman who were later rescued
- Two commissions one comprised of military and one of the Vatican confirmed that it was humanly impossible to close the hatch.
- Scientist have determined that it would take the strength of 7 men to open the hatch in those conditions !
- The "Miracle on the Pacocha" led to her beatification by Pope John Paul II in 2003
- Feast Day: June 6