Did you know?
"Our Lady of Loreto" is the name given to
"The Virgin Mary's home from Nazareth" now located in Loreto, Italy !
The "Holy House of Loreto"
- The "Holy House" in Loreto, Italy is a Basilica which contains the Home of the Blessed Virgin Mary (actual house relocated from Nazareth)
- The house is actually situated behind the Main Altar in the Basilica and is encased in beautifully sculptured marble
- This is the house in which she was born and raised
- It is also the home in which the "Annunciation" the Archangel Gabriel revealed that she would become the "Mother of God"
- It is considered by many Saints to be one of the most "Holy" places on Earth - The "Word" made "Flesh" - Jesus Christ !
This is a chalk drawing on a street of Loreto. It depicts "Our Lady of Loreto" or the "Black Madonna". (Click pictures for more)
St. Anthony's Chapel has several 2nd Class relics of the Blessed Virgin Mary !