Most Holy Name of Jesus rectory, which is attached to Saint Anthony Chapel, is a fine example of Romanesque architecture, with an interior that is highly decorated by expert craftsmen in a professional way.
At one time, there had been a great deal of discussion that the rectory had been built by either the Eberhardt or Ober family, who were brewers and were at the foot of Troy Hill. Actually, the rectory never belonged to either one of those families. Fr. Mollinger purchased it for $14,000 from Catherine Sahl on September 1, 1873, with his own funds. The property had been deeded to Ms. Sahl on December 25, 1865, and to Mr. and Mrs. Louis and Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Morganstern. On March 4, 1875, Fr. Mollinger sold the house to Bishop M. Domenec, then Bishop of Pittsburgh for use by Most Holy Name for $18,000. This sum was arrived at because of the $4,000 Fr. Mollinger had spent on improvements.
On November 3, 1894, the last heir of Fr. Mollinger’s estate, Godefroi Mollinger, was legally and financially satisfied and the property was deeded to Bishop R. Phelan in the name of Most Holy Name, thus placing the parishioners of Most Holy Name n the position of having paid twice for the rectory, on March 4, 1875, and on November 3, 1894.