Did you know?
- Bishop of Jerusalem during the reign of "Constantine the Great"
- Attended the Council of Nicaea and was one of the authors of the Nicene Creed
- Was with St. Helena (Emperor Constantine's Mother) when she found the "True Cross"
- The skull of St. Macarius is next to the altar of St. Anthony's Chapel (see photo)
- Emperor Constantine wrote an extensive letter to Bishop Macarius regarding the construction of a church to be built on the site where the "True Cross" was found. Bishop Macarius was instructed to order whatever he deemed appropriate in whatever quantities he wanted to honor the most wonderful place in the world and to be ornately decorated.
- Feast day: March 10
Saint Anthony Chapel has
of St. Helena and St. Macarius