May 25, 1887 - September 23, 1968
- Born in Pietrelcina, Italy
- Franciscan Capuchin Friar who lived in San Giovanni Rotundo, Italy
- Had the gift to see and speak to Jesus, Virgin Mary and his Guardian Angel
- Received the stigmata - wounds of Christ in his hands, feet and side
- Did you know that both Padre Pio and St. Francis (first stigmatic) received the wounds of Christ in September around the Feast Day - Exaltation of the Cross!
- He bled a cup of blood per day from his wounds and would wear fingerless gloves to collect the blood.
- The blood had the fragrance of roses!
- Time he spent in Mass and the confessional could reach 19 hours/day!
- Spiritual Gifts included the Scent of Sanctity, the stigmata, reader of minds, reader of souls/sins, healer, gift of prophecy...and many more.
- Canonized June 16, 2002
- Feast day - September 23rd
- Famous saying: "If you cannot come to me, send me your Guardian Angel"
- Incorrupt body of Saint Pio of Pietrelcina
Saint Anthony Chapel has a relic of St. Padre Pio