As sailors are guided by a star to the port,
so Christians are guided to heaven by Mary.
- An Italian Dominican Priest considered the Church's greatest author, philosopher and theologian
- Entered the Dominican Order at the age of 19
- Members of the Dominican Order lived in extreme poverty and were not held in high esteem
- He was captured by his brothers, returned to the family castle and locked in the tower for 2 years
- His family was trying to change his mind about the Dominican Order
- After his release, he returned to the Dominican's and professed his vows to the Order of Friars Preachers
- Ordained a Priest at the age of 25
- Author of Summa Theologica (never finished writing)
- When given a vision of heaven, he quit writing stating all his work was straw compared to what has been revealed to him !
- Pope Urban IV commissioned two hymns be written to honor the Eucharistic Miracle of Bolsena for the Feast of Corpus Christi
- St. Thomas Aquinas wrote O Salutaris Hostia & Tantum Ergo at the Pope's request !
- Is a "Doctor of the Church"
- Patron of Universities and Students
- Feast Day: January 28
Summa Theologica cycles through the existence of GOD, GOD's creation, Man, Purpose of Man, Jesus Christ and the Sacraments (signs of divine grace)
Saint Anthony Chapel has sacred relics of St. Thomas Aquinas !